(ET) Capacitors and pulling

I have a few insites on capacitors and pulling.

I recently replaced my DOA capacitor with one from Grainger, it
worked very well for a day or so, then it too died.  My charging
voltages were under 41Vdc before, over 43Vdc with the new Cap,
then back to under 41Vdc within the next two days after
installation.  Water has been checked etc., and connections
cleaned.  These are digital DVM readings.

I mounted the Cap with cable ties to the top of the vented
covering for the charger and diodes, and securely taped the
connections.  I an very reluctant to do any voltage measurements
thru the small opening in the top where the timer fits, any
error in movement and you have a VERY dangerous situation with
high voltages and amperages.

My tractor has pulled a school bus onto our shop at work.  I
took it in to fit my "weight box" to the back in preperation for
the SNOW that I am sure we will get.  An unladen full-size
school bus weighs between 16,000-17,000#.  It was pulled up a
very slight incline and into our shop.  This was over blacktop
and onto finnished concrete, a job normally left to the
forklift.  There were no problems in "L", and the current draw
was nearly the same (indicated) as when mowing.

=====
John G, '73 E12