Re: (ET) Tiller information needed

> > I don't have a snowblower and I'd guess its a bit smaller, but it's
> > HEAVY ... two men have plenty to do loading it.
>
> Oh great. Yaknow, I'm really going to need a second shed in my yard.
> Mainly to hold all this *STUFF* I keep installing on the tractor.

I have both the tiller and 36" blower.  The blower is definitely heavier
(and I
have the small version).  However, as noted above the tiller is no
lightweight.
Definitely a 2-man job to lift it.  One person can roll it on the tines -
I've done
that a few times.

> > Yes, my tractor is wired for a rear PTO with a andersen style
> > connector - its in parallel with the front PTO so you cannot.
> > Plus you need a small connector for the lift power (12/18V).

My tiller came with a very long PTO cable.  No problem at all draping it
over the
fender, through the footwell and up to the main PTO at the hood.

> 18 volts is simple enough; I guess that just ties into the tractor.

My tractor came with the rear lift and a plug that hooked up to the rear
18-volts
of batteries.  Nice offset from the batteries used by the front lift.

> > yes you can. It has separate controls - a switch mounted on top
> > of it "up-off-down".
>
> So you have to reach back to lift/lower it. Is this a pain in practice?

Not too bad.  You get to know where it is pretty quickly.  Of course, with
my small
garden (short runs), I use this more than most.

> > You will also need the tiller bar which must be mounted to the rear
> > axle. see http://markus.lorch.net/et/more-pics/082004-et-tiller-3.jpg
>
> This apparently comes with that too. Thanks for posting the picture
> though, now it makes more sense as to how this all puts together. Do you
> leave that bar on forever, and does it interfere with the normal uses
> for the tractor?

I leave the bar on forever.  Good foot holds for extra ballast (my son)
when extra
traction is required.  I have not encountered any significant issues with
the bar,
other than catching a piece of fence when I took a corner too sharp in a
tight
maneuvering situation.  Makes a handy place to secure rope for pulling,
e.g. taking
the boat out of the lake in the fall until the trailer is on dry ground.

--
Darryl McMahon      http://www.econogics.com/
It's your planet.  If you won't look after it, who will?