Sent: Monday, November 08, 2004 12:15 PM
Subject: (ET) Satelite Actuator as lift!

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a Venture 36 vdc 18" satelite actuator arm to use as an alternate to the E-20's lift motor.  The unit came with a mounting swival clamp assembly that I was able to mount to the front lift arm shaft with a little modification.  I had to notch out a 1/4 inch cut an inch and a half, down the center of the welded lift arm extension on the front of the tractor, to allow space for the actuator clamp swivel to clear the bracket.  Works like a charm and holds the actuator arm securely in front of the tractor.  I mounted the end of the actuator which also has a swiveled hole on the end of it, to my modified plow blade assembly with a bracket and bolt which slides through the actuator swivel hole.  I tested the actuator by clamping test cables on batteries 36 volt terminals and wired it to the terminal strip on the actuator motor inputs.  The unit goes in one direction, then by switching the polarity, in the other direction.  I know from recent message threds that the original lift motor utilizes two coils for its up/down direction and need to figure out how to design a switch that would reverse polarity for the actuator.  Perhaps a double pole double throw switch with one side wired opposite the other?  Anyone have any ideas on this?

For the mower deck, I probably will have a short chain attached to the end to allow for the deck to float properly when in use.  I plan on designing a mount bracket for the rear tiller to use this same actuator unit so that I can simply unbolt it from the front and onto the back when needed.  Has anyone else been successful in using a satelite actuator arm for a lift on an elec-trak?

Thanks,

Bob

Bob Kleinbrahm
Senior Network Engineer