To: "Elec-trak list" <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Saturday, October 23, 2004 4:44 PM
Subject: (ET) Odd reverse behaviour

Ok, this is a bit odd and needs to be fixed.

My E20 has a problem with reverse. If you go into reverse and press down on the pedal slowly you get into speed 1, but never higher than that (speeds 2,3,4 ignored). If you floor the pedal quickly you get into speed 3, then 2,1 as you let up. Go to zero, press the pedal normally and you only go to 1.

I know the E20 has a lockout in series with the FW resistors to lock out speeds 5-8 and the cruise control in reverse, but why no speeds other than 1 unless I floor it fast?

Odd. FWIW, I watched the relays, no difference. Forward works perfectly.

Chris