RE: (ET) New Sheet Metal

Title: Message
Jeff Tickner wrote:

 I need to decide to either bring my E15 to the welder for patching rust or wait for the preformed panels that were discussed on the list recently and were in prototype stage.

Any word on the preformed panels, ETA?

Just a thought here.  The reason the panels were originally made of steel is that it was cheap in production quantities.  Why not make your new panels out of two layers of fiberglass cloth?  Strength is no issue where they're used, and fiberglass will never rust.  You could even use a good panel for a mold, so no tooling is needed.  (Bend radii will be slightly different, but you won't notice it.)  Seems a much quicker, more effective solution.  Not hard for a hobbyist to do with hardware store materials.

Chris Tromley
near Philadelphia  PA
USA

100% Gas-Free Yard Equipment:
* Avco New Idea EGT 150 electric tractor (equivalent to GE Elec Trak E15M)
  Need a snow blade!
* B&D corded electric mower and string trimmer
  - to be powered by tractor-mounted inverter some day
* Patriot 1.5 hp electric chipper/shredder/vac
  - to be turned into a tow-behind vacuum cart some day
* Remington Garden Wizard corded electric tiller
* Craftsman corded electric snow thrower
  - to be sold when I get a blade for the tractor