Re: (ET) rotary inverter specifics

Or is it the surge?  Someone said that the waveform on the rotary
inverters was pretty good.

>>> "RJ Kanary" <rjkanary nauticom net> 10/3/2004 1:04:08 PM >>>
The wave form of the output product. Any deviation from the relatively
pure
sine wave AC that these devices were designed for will result in
certain,
violent death for them.{Especially if the RMS voltage ends up being
higher,
because the waveform is closer to 'square'.}
AC motors with brushes in them, {the so called "universal" motor},
don't
care about that, and that is the same with any kind of resistance
heater, so
long as it does not contain a fan.