Re: FW: (ET) best electric push mower

Steve, Jim, and others;

First, Thanks Steve for the info.....

However, from reading Jims post, I think he is referring to plug-in
mowers.

Jim, yes, generally the mower with the higher current rating is the better
buy. Just like most other power tools, the higher rated tool seems too not
only have more power but is usually built more rugged. On that note, I
have no experience with either of the B&D corded mowers.

I have an older Sears corded mower. You will want to get a high quality
extension cord. I make my own, get 50 feet of 12 gauge extension cord wire
(Home Depot, Lowes, and your local electrical supply house carries this
stuff) and put two hospital grade connectors on the ends. I made two 50
footers so I have "100 ft range"(which covers ALOT of area). The cords are
heavy, but you will soon learn a pattern of use which works well. An
alternative is to use Contractor Grade pre-made extension cords. Again
make sure they are at least 12ga. wire, the 14 ga. stuff has too much of a
voltage loss at the longer lengths, which will really reduce the power
available to your mower.

HTH's

Stay Charged!
Hump