Re: (ET) best electric push mower

Jim,

I think the best battery powered push mower is the out of production Toro
CareFree 24 and 36 volt 18 inch push mowers.  Lawn Boy offered the same
mowers in green instaed of red.  They had metal decks, where the Ryobi and
B&D had plastic decks, and the charger was an intelligent float charger so
that you could leave the charger plugged in continuously without fear of
overcharging.  The Toro/Lawn Boy were convertible between mulching, side
discharge, and bagging, as were the B&D.  The Ryobi, at least the ones I've
seen, were only mulching.

Toro P/N:
20645, 20646, 20050 = 120 VAC corded
20647, 20648, 20652 = 24 VDC cordless
20649 = 36 VDC cordless

Lawn Boy P/N:
10101 = 120 VAC corded
10120, 10122 = 24 VDC cordless
10123 = 36 VDC corded

I have a 36 VDC 20649 Toro with only the mulching configuration I bought
used early this summer.

I believe of the three the B&D is the only one in current production,
although I have seen some 16 inch or smaller trimming cordless mowers on
the
web.

Steve Naugler
snaugler earthlink net