(ET) E8 power control (Ken Muldrew)

Hi

Bob is dead right on with this a simple (and cheap) speed controller is the only way to go. In fact I am going to go this route with my E10, which is virtually identical to E8. You are probably aware that the input to the controller to set the speed in usually 5Kohm pot. This is usually just a glorified "volume control knob" and it runs on a very low current. In this configuration you would set the speed by rotation the knob mounted somewhere on the dash.  However there is a thing called a pot box, or throttle box,  this is a mechanical device that works like a car gas peddle inside it is still the old faithful 5Kohm pot but push it down and you go,  take your foot off and a spring returns it to zero and you stop. You can buy one of these new they are common in most electric golf carts. This is probably the best solution given you are using the tractor like a golf cart.

Geof thompson