Re: (ET) E8 power control

Actually the speed control on all but the 15 and 20 was resistors in series with the armature. The 15 and 20 also had field weakening for the higher speeds along with circuitry to shut down FW if the current draw to the armature became too high (say going up a molehill)

The E8 is pretty much as simple as you can get; one motor speed, with the slack taken up by the clutch and a little transmission to provide torque/speed. It runs the motor full armature voltage/fixed field.

I'd guess the current to be less than my E20, which is around 175amps full blast (more with the snowblower, but I have yet to blow snow in D2/Speed 8 :-) So a 150 amp controller would probably do it.

Chris