(ET) Reversing E20 DA Motor Polarity

Ralph G Vogan’s message #3 today contains excellent information for those installing an electronic controller in an E20 Elec-Trak. He answered from the standpoint of having been there. I now know how to logically treat the remaining installation steps on my E20. My main motor brushes may be well worn after decades of mowing the lawn and sometimes pulling a 10” Brinly turning plow. I may need to find someone who can replace the brushes if that is possible.

I had sensed that the pedal pot may be difficult to hold steady in rough lawn areas.  Ralph has a well designed dash pot alternative but I cannot copy it for lack of electronic knowledge.  My thinking was to use a regular double pole double throw switch to move from the pedal to a stationary dash pot for mowing, almost like the cruise control.  Steve C Richardson said one could take some resistors and put them on a selector switch (like a rotary switch) with first resistor being like 1k, the second 2k, the third 3k followed by 4k, and make your own cruise control. I may try both ideas. Thank you very much.

Raymon Ellis