RE: (ET) Very Nice ET in Welland Ontario

Title: Message
Hi Geof,

I'm certainly no expert on this stuff, but when I purchased my New Idea EGT 150, I think Harold mentioned they all would accept a front or mid deck.  I originally wanted a front deck but wasn't sure, and Harold graciously let me try it that way first.

In order to accommodate a mid deck, the wheelbase is 6" longer than the front mount ETs.  It makes a big difference.  I turned as tight a circle as I could with the New Idea, which was around 11' if I remember correctly.  Harold's short wheelbase Wheelhorse with a front deck turned a circle just over half that.  More importantly, the front deck on the long wheelbase New Idea cuts a swath well outside the circle defined by the rear wheels (which is where the minimum turning circle diameter is).  My guess is that the minimum inside diameter of the swath of the deck is about 15', and the tractor is mostly inside that circle.  Not a problem if you're cutting open fields, but a pain if you need to do any snaking around.

I opted for the mid mount deck and I'm happy.

Chris

Geof wrote:
I one of my scouts has discovered a New Idea ET20. It is reportedly in very nice shape, no rust and a working front deck (owner says it will convert to a Mid Mount too ???) and new batteries.