Re: (ET) Charge thru PTO recepticle?

I did exactly (maybe) this. I bought a used golf cart battery charger and changed the plug to the small accessory plug (not the big PTO plug). Be sure to use one that is keyed (one lug is larger) and get the polarity right. The charger I had had a third (sense) wire that needed to be conncetd to + or -, I forget which. Works fine - still need to have the disconnect engaged. I don't think I disconnected the old charger - it's essentially diode-protected against the new charger.

SteveS
E20

Richard Zachary wrote:

Just bought a 10amp golf cart charger as back up for my E12 charger which is very old. It came with a plug that would fit into the PTO receptacle. Can the batteries be charged by plugging the new charger in there? Does the old charger, or anything have to be disconnected before charging this way?
Would appreciate any advice, experiences, etc that you might have.
Thanks,
Richard "Zack" Zachary