To: "Elec-trak list" <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Sunday, August 08, 2004 7:13 PM
Subject: (ET) Cooked contactor

Well, I pulled the right pair of contactors on the E20 today. What a
pain in the rear; they had to run a wire between the contactor links,
making removal a serious pain.

However there is no doubt; the contactor is going bad. One could see
that the stud's insulator plastic is melting from the inside.

For the moment I have mounted it upside-down, moving the bad contactor
to the reverse side of things. Now it runs great in forward; lousy in
reverse.

Does anyone have a spare push-pull contactor set? It's two contactors
mounted together on a bracket. Anyone pulling apart their E20 for an
Alltrax job is welcome to let me know :-)

Chris