RE: (ET) cordless mowers

I rescued a nice looking Sears from the dump.  bought a charger and new
batteries for it.  My tenant uses it and complains that it doesn't run
very long between charges, although it did seem to be getting better as he
put more cycles on it.  2 weeks ago he said it popped and started smoking
right after he turned it on.  I've got the circut card right here in front
of me and can see the burn marks.  Not having used it much myself I can't
really say yea or nay.  And so far I haven't been able to find a new card
for it.  all i've done is look on the web, I haven't called sears.  but if
I can't find a card and get it running again I'd have to say stay away
from the sears mowers unless they are free and you are only buying
batteries which could be moved to a different mower.
Dave