(ET) Broken Breaker

My E20 was dead when I went to use it the other day - like no-nothing dead. I have 36V lights so even lights didn't work. Turns out the main thermal breaker on the motor was open. I took it off and heard parts rattling around inside. No biggy - I took one out of one of my junker E12Ss and as I walked towards the E20 I shook the breaker - rattles! Man, do these things have a 30 year self destruct or something?

I (of couse) took one apart and found the end of the adjustment bolt was broken off - not sure why. I'm tempted (of course) to fix it.

So, anyone know what temperature it should cut out at?

BTW, I don't get the wiring concept here. Why have the motor breaker cut power to everything? Sure made it hard to troubleshoot. 'Course for some reason I thought the main breaker was the one up on the battery side panel - that threw me for awhile.

SteveS
E20