Re: (ET) stuff

Hi Neil!

Chris, is that one of the "double" contactors that's getting hot, I may have one off the strippers.

Yep, it's one of the push-pull linked contactors. I'd appreciate a spare, but I am going to look at the schematics tonight to see if they are symmetrical in design.

If they are the same as the ones on the other side of the tractor, then I think one could "switch" the left and right sets intact (with the links and all). Then what used to be the reverse contactors will carry forward current, and the forward contactors will carry reverse current. Since I spend 99%+ time in forward, the reverse ones should be good as new.

That said, I sometimes do put the tractor in reverse when it's still coasting to a stop in fwd. Nothing fast, but I wonder: Will this damage the contactors early? I thought no because the 1st speed is really the resistor bank, which should absorb the surge.

Chris