(ET) More Homelite tools on 24v: Hedge trimmer

Ok, so I got another one of these Homelite/Ryobi 18 volt garden tools on Ebay. I think I paid $10 for this one, plus $10 shipping or something like that.

It's brand new, and like the chainsaw it comes apart with screws. Nice and logical interior; no surprises to note. I re-wired it to accept an anderson power disconnect, and hooked it up to the 24 volt extension cord on my E20.

Really nice actually. It did a nice job trimming some large bushes, and was only nice and warm by the end. Once again probably not something for constant use, but for trimming around the yard it does a great job. 24 volts didn't seem to make it run too fast or anything, looks like one can run a motor slightly over voltage without wrecking anything (makes sense; the winches on the Elec-Traks are 12 volt units running at 18 volts).

And once again running these things on the 24 volts doesn't seem to unbalance the pack much. Maybe if I ran it all day I would have a problem, but running it every once in a while seems to do no real harm.

Next thing to get is a pole saw to see how that works. They seem inexpensive too..... :-)

Chris