From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu [mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu]On Behalf Of Ralph G Vogan
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2004 2:45 PM
To: Elec-Trak
Subject: Re: (ET) Elec-Trak ZTR

    If you know the top speed of the tractor you should be able to figure the RPM of the motor at that speed in D2.  Calculate the number of feet it travels in 1 minute at that speed (FPM);  5280 X top speed then divided by 60 = FPM.  Measure the exact distance your tractor moves for 1 revolution of the back wheel (It dependes on the size of the tires), and divide that into the FPM.  This is the RPM of the drive wheel.  Multiply the wheel RPM by the gear ratio of D2 to get the MOTOR RPM at that speed.

    By working backwords you can get close to the top speed in the other gears using their gear ratios.  Allthough the motor may run a little faster in those gears because it has less load on it.

Ralph V
ralphgv centurytel net