RE: (ET) Alltrax...more help

John,

from what you explain it sounds like the same hookup my E20 has (no
guarantees). The "knob" sounds like the external heat/overload switch that
you can use to disconnect the armature. The other two thick wires on the
opposite side are the armature, the four little wires are the field (two of
them) and the other two seem to be an internal switch (it needs to be
closed
for the standard elec-trac circuit to be working).

I have uploaded pictures of when I bench tested my E20 drive motor and how
had it hooked up to two 6V batteries (one for the armature, one for the
field)

see http://markus.lorch.net/et/drive-motor-test/05060005.JPG

Hope this helps.

Markus