(ET) Alltrax installation?

I have started my installation of an Alltrax in an I-5. I have two questions for anyone who has done this. 1) The installation instructions call for pins 9 and 10 to be connected together and thru a 1 ohm 10 watt resistor. This resistor did not come with the controller. Is there one in all the stuff I am taking out? Any help here? 2) The throttle has a switch at the 0 end and a 5 k pot. It appears that the pot goes to pins 1&2 and the switch goes to pin 5? Is this correct?

Thanks in advance...I got a D in the only EE course I took, So reading the diagrams is just a little scary!!! :)
John Briese