Re: (ET) rear lift

Neil:
I have been looking into "linear actuators" with the idea of a bucket loader in mind. They are exactly what you described as a screw jack with electric drive. I just bought one for a ski trail groomer I own - has an 18 inch lift and a 1000 lifting force. However, it's only 12 volts. Lots are offered on e-bay for use in car customizing - like power tailgate lifts, etc. There are some industrial ones offered in 24 and 36 volt as well. Try a search on the internet using Goggle or some other engine and try the term "linear actuator 36vdc" My 12 volt cost me less than $100 as new old stock. This would be an awkward one to use for a rear lift because it is about 24 inches tall. However, shorter travel lifts are also smaller.