RE: (ET) rear lift

BTW, if anyone is using the factory rear tiller on the lift, I have an
improvement for that too.
It would be easier with a picture, but I will try to describe it.  This
one will lift until the
strap breaks... and if the switch sticks, the strap WILL BREAK.

The back lift strap should go up over a plastic bushing, down to another
bushing on the tiller
and back up to a pin.  The tiller was cleverly designed on a toolbar to
allow one to move the
tiller off-center to get closer to crops, so the lower bushing rides on a
pin supporting the
depth adjust chain and the plastic bushing.  If you are off center, it is
sometimes hard to
find the right spot where the strap doesn't get pulled to the side.

Now to get clever.  If you replace the pin on the tiller with a LONG (10"
or so) 1/2" steel
rod, going across TWO of the bushing gaps instead of the original one.
The chain still goes
on this pin too.  You can bring the strap straight around the plastic
bushing as before, back
up to the pin, and ADD ANOTHER PLASTIC (or brass) bushing to the pin on
the lift.  You will
want to add two flat washers as well beside this new bushing.  Bring the
strap back down
again to the new longer pin on the tiller where there is no bushing, using
the long pin as
the stop on the strap.  It isn't lined up perfectly, but if you were
offsetting the tiller
it's better than it ever was before.  This is a triple (as opposed to the
factory double)
block and tackle arrangement, and like I said will easily lift anything
the strap can take.
I have mounted a small planter on the tiller, and it picks that up too.
It is a little bit
slower, but is worth it.

Now if that switch would just stop sticking....  the motor barely slows
before the strap breaks!

Larry Elie