RE: (ET) Using Homelite appliances on Elec-Trak

Chris,

I saw your earlier note on the Homelite/Ryobi 18 volt products and reserved
comment..<G>  But I have now had a chance to use mine.  I bought the set
(chain saw/hedge trimmer/pole saw) from Home Depot for 69.00 (2 batteries
and charger included).  I then found the string trimmer on E-bay (though it
was a little more than I should have paid).  I got them to use with the
batteries so I would NOT have to drag a cord around my rather large yard or
use ICE based versions...  I think they work fine at 18 volts, though you
have to watch the string trimmer as LONG grass tends to get between the
head
and body and wrap up causing it to bind and make you think the battery is
out of juice (at 24 volts this could cause a more of a problem).  Once you
take the head off and clean the grass out it is fine, I did notice when
doing this that the aluminum drive shaft was VERY HOT.  I am looking at
putting some type of fiber washer or something in this area to keep the
grass out...

Karl..NI 100