Re: (ET) mower motor voltages

We are using 3 - 36 volt motors on our mower decks.

You CANNOT safely series dc motors. If one motor is stalled (heavy grass,
weeds, dirt, stones, mole hills) the other motors will get a higher
voltage.
If 2 motors get stalled the third will get 36 volts and it's speed would go
from apx. 3,000 rpm to apx. 10,000 rpm and destroy itself.  with motors in
series the higher the load on 1 DC motor the slower it runs.  the slower it
runs the lower it's inductence, and the lower it's voltage drop, and a
higher voltage goes to the other motors.

Ralph V
ralphgv centurytel net