-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu]On Behalf Of Clay Neville
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 12:46 PM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) coop fee to Bill (let's commit to him now)

Of the 263 subscribers, how many will send $100 to a designated
someone to present to Bill as an annual fee to buy from him?   After
talking to Bill this morning, he believes that only a handful (10-20%)
of his customers would do so, which is not worthwhile.  He has a
couple hundred people who have ordered from him in tha last year, many
of whom have complained about his prices.  My impression is that this
fee might work if presented in the right way, quickly.

He has a guy in Central America who may buy his stuff in bulk,
containerize it and ship it down to him in the next couple weeks.  If
this happens those parts are gone forever.  Personally, I don't have
the $100,000 that it might take to buy him out (or the space), but I
do have $100 to help convince him to stay in business for a year.
I pay Sam's Club $35 a year to buy from them, and all their stuff is
available elsewhere, so the $100 is well worth it for these otherwise
unavailable parts.
If we could get at least 200 people to send $100 (plus a stamped self
addressed envelope, just in case he does not go for it) made out to
Technical Services, to a designate, that designate could present
$20,000+ and a corresponding list of names to Bill and see what
happens.  I think he would stick with it for a year to see how it
goes, and we can all order as needed, or even stock ourselves up on
other items as desired (belts, switches,...).  If someone that is not
on the list tries to order, Bill could add the $100 fee the initial
order and add their name to the list.
If Bill does not bite on this deal, everyone gets their money sent
back to them.  I work about an hour from him in Sturtevant, WI.  I
volunteer to be the designated person, or would be happy to let
someone with more history on the board be the one.  But I believe
whoever it is will need to present the money in person.
Clay Neville
969 Deer Path
Antioch, IL  60002
(262) 206-4443