(ET) Stick shift lever

I'm replacing the transaxle on my E12M with a spare I got a while back. All went well up to the point where I tried to take the good shift lever from my "old" unit and put it on my "new" one. They aren't the same! Arrrgh! The lever on the "new" transaxle was busted off right at the tranny, which is why I needed to swap them. I need to tap into the knowledge base here and ask about the various models of transaxles.

The one I need the shift lever for has cast iron (?) tubes over the axles and they bulge at the end and hold a ball bearing assembly. The shifting lever has a longer lower section (inside the transaxle) than the "old" one, and the lever pivot housing is larger as well. Is this enough clues or do I need to do some sleuthing? There is a pretty good lawn mower and tractor place in town, so they might have the stuff for a Peerless if they get a part number.

Since I have you here, anybody know about replacing the bronze axle bushings on my "old" transaxle? They are all shot to hell and that's why the other one was going in. Part numbers and hints are most welcome. Oh Bill! Why have you left us??

Bruce Conner