(ET) Rambling

From Mechanicsburg, Pa. and 72 years old. This should raise the average quite a bit.

My E12 with the front mower also mows much better in reverse. There is no discharge chute. But it has baffles and I think the baffles affect the cut. I don't want to remove them because they add to the rigidity of the mower deck.

Here's my current problem:
The front mower has 2 large wheels that swivel.  I whacked one of the front wheels and the steel rod that allows the wheel to swivel, is now bent.
When I get it repaired, should the rod be perpendicular to the round part of the top of the wheel bracket or should it lean a bit?