Re: (ET) B & D

Heya,

I've got both the B&D and the Ryobi. The B&D I got for
$5 at a thrift store and put $150 into for a battery
and charger ( from the Dewalt service center ).  The
Ryobi was $25 at an estate sale.  Battery seems good.
I had to spend $15 for the breaker/key and $5 for a
handle spinner nut.

Both work fine around the yard.  The B&D has more
power, but the Ryobi is much quieter. Last season was
the first one with the B&D and without the smoking
2-cycle Lawnboy. It was great not have to shower off
the smell after mowing the lawn.

For working on them in the future, the Ryobi looks
much more service-friendly.  The battery looks fairly
standard size.

Just wondering how many season's you've gotten out of
the Ryobi? I like the on-board charger vs. the B&D
with the special connector. Hope you got as good a
deal on the B&D as I did.

Oh, and if you are wondering what I'm doing on the
Elec Trak list, I grew up with one. It's still waiting
to be restored.

Matt

35, Minneapolis