Re: (ET) Ages

49 years old last February.

I've been using a E15 for just about 12 years.  Have a mower deck, plow,
and
snowblower.  I don't use the snowblower any more becuase it is much faster
to use a walk behind Ariens, although much noisier.  I also had an electric
rake, which was sold to Walt Hammer, who has dispersed his ET collection.
Sometimes wish I hadn't sold it.

I've been wanting a rotary inverter, but a cheap fixer upper.

I got into the Elek-Trak because it was quiet and in my case cheap.  If I
look at what I would have spent on an IC tractor over the same period, and
place my time's value at zero, it really has been cheap.  Now I am busier
and I am concerned that if I start placing a $ value on my time the
Elek-Trak will become too expensive.

I also have a Wheelhorse C185 and GE E12 as parts tractors.

Not to sound like a traitor to the ET cause, but I have considered an IC
tractor.  Unfortuneately, the only tractors that hold any interest are
expensive things like the discontinued Honda 5540s or 5518s that have water
cooled twin cylinder overhead valve engines.  Quiet, but not GE quiet.  And
like the GE, considered obsolete by its maker.

Steve Naugler
snaugler earthlink net