RE: (ET) 48v ET

You are right Chris, but GE DID sell the kit, and someone on the list had
it.  BTW, ratings get
exceeded all the time; the lift is run at 18+ V but is used at 12+ in a
car.  The rating of the
plug for the mower is 30 A, as is the tiller an blower.  I have seen well
over that.  The rating
is for the temperature rise due to current; the saving grace is that the
ET is a constant voltage
source; and as things get hot the resistance INCREASES which lowers the
current.  The relation is:

Delta R(T)/R(20C)=Alpha*Delta T, where Alpha is the temperature
coefficient of resistivity of copper,
or 4.07E-3/Deg. C.  The limits for the silver contacts on the contactor
are different because the
coefficient is different for silver, but most of the elements even there
are copper.  On the plug
the temperature in question is where the vinyl on the plug begins to
soften; in a winding it's the
190C that the varnish can take.  This is giving me more reason to
re-design the ET controls from
scratch with 3mOhm FET's... what one would use today.  Nah, I don't have
the time, but it would be fun.,

Larry Elie