(ET) NOS B145

        Hi
        In keeping with the current (no pun intended) threads. You may
recall I found a brand new B145 in the attic of an old Wheelhorse dealer
about 30 minutes drive from my house. The New B145 is now safely in my
garage. So now it is time to make you all jealous.
        It is a 1976 B145 with a front lift, this is needed for the new (in
the box and yet to be assembled) mower deck and the new rotary inverter
(and
now I know what this means). I intend to keep the machine in new condition
using it only as a show tractor. This Electrak should be a valuable
resource
as a "reference" tractor because for better or worse it is as Wheelhorse
built it. Please feel free to ask me questions along this line at anytime.
        Next, I need some technical advice my E-60 has a 70 amp fuse which
is really just a strip of copper which is narrow in the middle between to
posts. I was going to get them from Bill and waiting until I had an order
of
substance but ---  The actual fuse was replace by the last owner with a
strip of aluminum (not really comfortable with this). I was thinking I
could
make a fusible link like the ones at the power switch in the Electraks.
Question, what wire is the fusible link made from, what gauge would I need
for a 70 Amp "fuse"? Or where would I go to find this out?
        Finally, I think I found the final solution to the battery post
problem. McMaster Carr sells a mil spec Battery Terminal 7738K2 and 7738K1
($2.35 each) that easily converts a top post to a side post. You will of
course have to put eyes on you battery cables and jumpers. If you combine
Don Barry's upgrade and these terminals it a very nice solution. I am going
to convert all my machine to this. Check out the felt washers 7450K71 too.

        All for now.

        Geof Thompson