(ET) Life after Bill

57 here - in NJ and believe I have many years left. Lost all forward speeds on E12. Bill knew what was wrong. He said I'd be the last order and that was really depressing. He said send a check for $90.25 for a "kit" to replace the coil (solenoid, contactor) called 1F which I did. I really hope he fills the order. He said the kit was different than the original part which makes me wonder if I'll be able to install it OK myself. In the meantime, I am dead in the water so I thought I try to fix it like the original design while I'm waiting for the kit from Bill. I had two used coils which came with some other parts off eBay. Tried taking off coil 1F and was surprised to find that it is connected to coil 2R below it with a pin. The pin is about 1 1/2 inches long and about a 1/16 of an inch thick. Its sort of like a small nail but no point or head. The coils I have are probably the type used for 1A and 2A because they don't have the holes for the pin.
Does anyone have any experience replacing these coils on the E12?
Does anyone have an old coil with the pin hole on the bottom (to replace 1F) that they can sell? If none of this works out or further repairs keep happening, I wonder if the Alltrax controller will work on an E12 and will a novice like me be able to install it. Some one mentioned adding a "pot". I have no idea what that is.
Thanks for any information you can share,
Richard "Zack" Zachary
E12