RE: (ET) Bill Gunn

On Tue, 25 May 2004, Travis Creswell wrote:

He gave me the same reasons and they all are very valid.  It's quite
questionable if his business is worth taking over or buying from a business
stand point.  Just as you say, the time and real money invested to profit
ratio should scare any realistic person off.

This is why the most likely take over bid as a COOP is to set the COOP up as a non-profit corporation. The COOP dues could go towards paying for an order processing person's time, website up keep, custom part runs. From a money making business prospective, the volume may not be there.

Let's say Bill Gunn gets 10 orders a month averaging $100 each, that only $1000 a month. Say setting up a web store will triple his orders, that only takes him to $3000 a month, plus now has more expenses: keeping the website current, the prices up to date, and initial website setup. I can understand why he doesn't have much motivation to go online. Note the above numbers are all made up, but I think they could be realistic.

I honestly think the only way this will fly is by going non-profit.

Shannon Aldinger