Re: (ET) Bill Gunn going out of ET business

Ouch!  So what's going to happen to all that stuff?  Should we create an
"ET owners' coop" to buy it?

That may be the only option, he's not taking any new orders.

An ET owners' coop has several issues to overcome:
1. storage of parts, etc.
2. ordering / shipping parts, takes time
3. procedure for passing control when the person/people storing and shipping parts, can no longer do so
4. coming up with the money to buy out / ship Bill Gunn's remaining stock
5. loosing the 20+ years of knowledge Bill Gunn has built up.

I can provide at least a partial soultion to 4 and 5. I'm willing to kick in at least $500 toward a coop purchase of Bill Gunn's stock, blueprints, etc. I can develop a support database to store problems and solutions we encounter to build a step by step solution to the problems we encounter and fix.

Also, to offset some of the associated storage costs, the coop may need to charge a yearly membership fee say $15-$30 range for access to the support database and to order parts.

Someone needs to take the lead on this.

Shannon Aldinger