(ET) Lost all forward speeds on E12

Had problems a few times with moving the throttle forward and getting no response or a quick jump in the power usage needle but then nothing. Now I nothing at all going forward but reverse works fine. Had to finish yesterday's mowing in reverse only. Also previously the throttle was jamming so a drop of lubricant on the controller by the first switch solved that. My guess is that the first switch became worn or damaged by my pushing past the jam (before the lubrication). Would the first speed switch be enough to account for the loss of all forward speeds? I have an old controller (for parts) and guess that replacing the first switch might be the way to go. I am a complete novice and am just trying to go on common sense. Any advice from someone with experience would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Richard "Zack" Zachary