-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu]On Behalf Of steves
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 9:43 AM
To: Elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) Re:too much torque on e10/BRAKES

I've noticed another problem with the brake. Even if it works, it can be
ineffective on wet grass, since the brake doesn't work on the axles
directly. The brake will lock but the differential allows the wheels to
spin
opposite to each other. On wet grass the wheel going opposite just spins
and
the other wheel is merrily rolling down the hill - along with the tractor.

- SteveS