Re: (ET) PV powered ET more questions

It doesn't take much leakage current to give
you a reading on the DVM.
The best way to check for real leakage problems is to
conect a 10k resistor between the battery and frame
and read the voltage acrost it.  If you get more than
10V across it there is a 1mA leakage path.
Use this equation, Voltage/10,000 to gives you the
leakage current.  More than a few milliamps is not
good.
Rod