Re: (ET) PV powered ET more questions

Get another panel on Ebay. Solarex MSX20's are great.

To be honest, with a 20 watt panel set I would wonder if you would really even *need* a charge controller. Maybe a blocking diode to keep the batteries from discharging thru the panel and of course a small fuse to keep the panels safe in the event of a short.

Chris

steves wrote:

Since we are on solar panel thread - let me ask a related question.

I have two panels (12V-20W each I believe). I'd like to use them to
recharge
my ET, so do I get a controller or whatever that will boost the panels to
the 36V+ charging voltage or do I get another panel to get a nominal 36V? I
don't know the manufacturer of my panels and I'm a bit concerned about the
third panel not being compatible. Of course if I can get the 2 panels to
work, that saves some $ (unless it calls for an expensive controller).

SteveS
E20
Leesburg, VA