Re: (ET) E20 and Cruise Control / Power Pulse Button

Well, the E20 does have a current limiter, however it works as follows:

In speeds 1-4, the current limiter does nothing really. However when you go to speeds 5-8 (with field weakening), the armature draws more current under load. Without a control of some sort you could overheat the motor fast on a hill.

To fix this, the E20 has a small circuit that basically compares the current going thru the main shunt to a predetermined value. If the current thru the shunt exceeds that value a transistor turns on and bypasses the entire field weakening circuit by dropping the FW relay. With the FW resistors bypassed, the field gets full power, armature current goes down and the tractor essentially goes to speed 4 (full power).

That might be your problem; in D2 the motor is working pretty hard. Perhaps the card logic is having problems and is causing the field to oscillate back and forth. Does this only happen in high speeds (5-8) or in any speed?

Chris