RE: (ET) I was wondering. (this is never good)

Geof;

I don't know the answer to your charger question, but I may have another
solution.

I have a 2 story barn and I keep my tractor in the lower level.
I installed an outlet on the lower level and wired it to an outlet in the
upper level.
I plug an extension cord from my tractor accessory outlet to the outlet on
the lower level.
This gives me 36V upstairs in my shop for testing, etc.
I used all of the round type locking outlets similar to the ones on my
tractor. I also painted them red.
That way there is no confusion on what they are for.
This may not conform to local Electrical Codes, but I live in a rural area
where no codes exist.

Maybe this is a concept that you could use, if the charger method does not
work.

Dennis
Elsberry, MO