Re: (ET) New E20 owner

Mowing full speed in D2 or D1 is too fast for my lawn as it has bumps and many obstacles to go around. I mowed
today in L. Do you think its better to one of the higher
gears (ampere meter does usually stay in yellow) and
not go with full throttle or to mow in the L gear (I have the impression the ampere meter shows lower current at roughly same speed when using L).

Mmm... I typically mow in L and take my time. Lock in the cruise control
for speed level 4 (full power, full field) and roll along. The blades
cut much better at L than D or 2.

I have a very steep hill on my lawn; I just go up in L and the current
goes red on the way up and down to zero (massive regen) on the way down.
Cruise control is really handy on an E20.

Also I checked the oil level in my gearbox and it is too low. What oil should I use? I would like to quiet
the gears also a little bit. Can somebody tell me
the type of oil/grease I should get?

Standard 90 hypoid gear oil. You can drop the oil in there but you need
to fill it with a certain amount (I think it's 32 ounces). You have to
lift the rear of the tractor to squeeze it in.

My tranny had the oil replaced and it's still noisy in D2 and sorta in
D1. Shifts well though.

Enjoy!
Chris