RE: (ET) ET running, thanks Alltrax

I assume by "Start" switch, you mean the switch referred to in the Alltrax
owners manual - " The throttle switch must open when the throttle reaches
the off position.  The off position is 250 ohms or less, wide open throttle
is 4.5K and above.  At 9.5K and above the controller gets a throttle out of
range error and shuts off the output?"  Apparently in addition to the pot,
seperate throttle switch is necessary.  I have the controller with the
Alltrax "factory" pot which has a spring loaded return-to-off and a built
in
throttle switch.  For my use (mainly working with a bucket loader) a "gas
pedal" would be more convenient than a hand throttle.  But for mowing, a
hand set throttle would be nice.

Question:  Could we use the forward-reverse and speed switches on the
existing GE hand "throttle" to control the reverse and throttle switch
functions of the Alltrax controller without the necessity of installing new
switches?  While all the "steps" in the throttle would be meaningless, at
least it would be convenient and ergonomically similar to what we are using
now.

Jon - I'm still think over the engineering.  Like you I'm a bit concerned
about tearing into the mass of wiring, even with lots of diagrams.  I'll be
sure to give you plenty of advance notice of the "Alltrax event" at my
house.