(ET) Re: EGT120 questions

Title: Re:  EGT120 questions
Hi all,

Finally had a chance to check out some of the various recommendations to my questions.

First, I checked the resistors with a voltmeter.  Voltage drops with each speed and in top speed, voltage = 0.  So, seems like that's working fine.  The tractor definitely has three distinct speeds forward, and two in reverse as it should.  I have some other recommended testing to do yet, but it may just come down to the batteries.

Also, a couple of times I've seen something like the following snip from this list:

- Sounds like it maybe a  problem in the mower. When disconnected from the
tractor do the blades spin free? If you spin one blade the others should
turn.

This happened to be from SteveS.  Now, I'm a bit perplexed by this.  I have two decks - tried 'em both.  Spin one blade by hand.  Nothing happens with the others.  Since the blade motors aren't connected by any belts why should turning one make the others turn??  Essentially, they're just 3 motors connected by wires, right??

Maybe I'm just dense.  Someone please straighten me out!

Thanks,

Steve W.