Re: FW: (ET) E20 Rookie - more questions

>You're both right.

>There are the large strap resistors (mounted over the charger)that limit
armature current and then the smaller >ceramic resistors (mounted on a card
behind the dash) that weaken the field. To get the highest speed you need
>to bypass the straps and not bypass the ceramics.

Yes, but the E12S ( and I assume the E12) does not have the field weakening
resistors. The E12S has three forward speeds, the E15 adds two? more speeds
(as you note) by adding field weakening control.

In either case though, wouldn't greatest power (not speed) come from no
series resistance (in either?).

SteveS
E20
E12Ss