(ET) E20 Rookie - more questions

Many thanks to all who responded to my first posting. Thanks to you guys I found 2 seized contactors  which I managed to free up with a little ‘caressing’.

I also found 3 relays on which the little retaining spring clip had cracked and was no longer holding the contacts or the solenoid arm in the correct position – all now repaired with epoxy and some soft rubber door seal trim. They all operate well when tested ‘off tractor’.

My E20 now show signs of living again.

I have can now charge the batteries – 40v across the terminals during charging – great and the timer works.

I can drive the tractor around – brilliant!  But it totally lacks power – I can only move up any kind of slope in the lowest gear.

It’s not the belts, the motor just lacks any torque at all.

I’ve tried to figure out the operating sequence of the relays and just get confused.

Some seem to operate with a little push, as if there is not enough voltage/current getting to them to trip them.

Is there something else in series with the relay coil circuits?

The cruise control is a mess – I replaced the 4 diodes as one was cracked, The small transistor on the board has melted some time in the past – Is this likely to cause other issues with the motor operation?

Should one of the relays swich off as the pedal moves down (to switch out the resistors)?

I am going to contact Bill and get a copy of the manual but any help is appreciated in the mean time.

Thanks

Steve