Re: (ET) AllTrex SW

Ack! All I have is Win98. I successfully downloaded, unziped, and ran the software on my 98. However, it won't see the controller (with or without a null modem adapter). Is Com port support what requires Win XP?

The software includes a "monitor" tab that would be really handy for trouble shooting if could be connected to a laptop (or PDA!) while the tractor is under test. Not so handy when I have to take the controller out of the tractor and bring it across town to someone who has XP.

I'll join the others urging the publicizing of the protocol on the serial port.

PS I have the DCX controller running off a 12 volt battery, from B- to pins 9+10. It powers up and flashes the LED (6 pulses).

Steve Richardson wrote:
I have tried it on 98 and it won't work .

Speaking of such things, I think I recall seeing or hearing that the
downloadable s/w is intended for windoze XP.  For those of us who don't

_________
Jim Coate
1970's Elec-Trak
1992 Chevy S-10 BEV