Re: (ET) Spam problems

A common way of doing this on a web page is to use HTML built-in codes to
replace the symbols, like this for my address:

Jeremy@Gagliardi.com

You could encode the entire string, but I encode the "mailto:"; the "@" and
the
".", like this:

mailto:Jeremy@Gagliardi.com

Some, who are less technically inclined, or perhaps they know better than
I, do
it this way...

mailto  Jeremy   at   Gagliardi   dot   com

Most people know what's being conveyed.

I wouldn't be surprised if my e-mail address was harvested from the ET
archive.
As a SysAdmin myself, I know the danger of putting such info up on the
web, but
also I know how hard it is to prevent it.  However, there are certain
safe-guards one should do to make it as hard as possible.

However, there is also the possibility anyone's e-mail was harvested from
any of
the last e-mail trojans.  Basically, ANYone who has your address in their
e-mail
client's address book who caught the trojan, caused your address to be
broadcast throughout the net, completely unintentionally, and SPAMers have
been
known to harvest from such nefarious means.

--
Jeremy Gagliardi
E20