Re: (ET) RE: ET mowing

the ZTRs are hydrostatic, which has a couple of things that annoy me: inherent inefficiency of hydrostatic drive compared to chains or other simple mechanical drives, and the fact that they need to have the engine always revved up to make the drive act correctly. They are effective, nice to use and pretty bulletproof. It seems obvious that electric drive would have all the advantages of hydrostatic, without any of the disadvantages. The controls would be expensive, being essentially two controllers, but also needing a coordination between the two: a good example is an electric wheelchair.
Anton