Re: New member needs an ET or similar (was: RE: (ET) mowers)

I believe the JD90  is basically an ET, as are the Wheel Horse models -
mostly. I can't comment on belly vs front mount mower as I've not used the
belly mower type.

I think everything but the E8? (JD90) can take a blade, you may need an E12
or higher for the PTO (for the blower) - I'm guessing, so others chime in
here!

There are modern electric tractors (Electric Ox?) but they are rather
expensive.

Remember that we are pressed to post when we have troubles! If you read any
vehicle list you'd wonder how any of that particular vehicle runs. But
theses things are 30 years old, and time always does things in. Most of the
tractors we talk about here were sitting outside with leaky batteries and
mouse nests etc. It's amazing they work at all. I think if you found one
that looked good and was kept up, it would probbaly run real well. The
problems you would have would probably be fairly minor. These are good
tractors - lots of cast parts, heavy duty accessories, etc.

Near you - there's someone in NJ that has a bunch of ETs that sells stuff
on
ebay -they look pretty beat, but maybe he has a nice one tucked away
somewhere.

Good luck,

SteveS